Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Six Week Spec Round 2-Week 1 Update

Seven pages. It's nowhere near my goal of twenty-four, but it's more that zero, so allow me to take a moment and celebrate the small victory of ANY number of pages written. Pages with some decent dialogue and others with utter nonsense. Pages containing visual descriptions that make me smile amongst a sea of bits that aren't up to snuff by a long shot. 

*hands on knees, gaping smile*

Is someone afwaid? Who's got a fwowny face? AH boochie woochie woo woo!

Two things: a) My coffee has just kicked in; and b) you're damn right I'm bugging out. Being aware that if I wasn't nitpicking I'd be a fool, does little to settle my nerves.  

This is not my first venture into screenwriting, but it is my first feature length and the first time I'm writing with expectations of others reading it, and by others I refer to those that know their shiznit. Whether or not you agree a first screenplay should ever see the light of day is another issue all together. Assuming all goes to plan, this will be Black List material when I am through, and then on to the next project I go.

If I am going to finish this in six weeks, I NEED to stop editing as I write. I re-read my stuff, and can tell it's caacaapoopies, but I'm supposed to ignore it and move on? WOW is that ever hard. That's my goal for this week: learn to vomit-write this mother lover and lysol later, without worrying the germs will infect the entire draft. So. So. Difficult. But it must be done!

Thinking of the other writers and hoping your drafts are coming along splendidly. I raise my caffeinated beverage to you all. Here's to an invigorating week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment