Friday, June 20, 2014

A Brief Intro

A good amount of time has passed since I've dabbled with online writing. Previously, recipe creations and assorted food related ditties were my articles of choice. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to think of one conversation this past week that didn't at some point touch on the topic of food; sumptuous savories delighting me as they do. Recently, a fire has been relit under my arse to return my writing focus to an area I've been neglecting, my original passion: movies.

Filmmaking has been a goal of mine since my teenage years. Whether actively persuing a career in the industry as an on-set PA or office employee at various film related companies, writing and producing my own creations was a desire I never intended to let go. Let go I did, for the sake of my bank account and to find a more stable working environment. Logical life choices took precedence over silly little dreams as I got married and soon after left the workforce to stay home with our sweet children. "One day," being my motto with its convenient unspecific-ness allowing me to hold onto that last thread of possibility while continuing with my everyday monotony.

Then, last November my husband and I binge-watched AMC's Breaking Bad for the first time, post the series' finale, and hot shite my brain has not been the same since. AT ALL. I may have been affected by other television shows in the past, but I have never seen one as well written, directed or acted, EVER. I dreamt about it almost nightly for weeks and my own stories, buried deep within for years, began to resurface with intensity. That "one day" was here, and it was wearing cranky pants.

Yup, here I be, late to the party with a screenplay in the works and a blog for my musings; corny font to boot. I'm well aware of the task that lies ahead as I look to make myself known in the sea of other screenwriters and bloggers. I care not, so write I shall, for whatever size audience I have and allow what is meant to happen, happen. The dishes and dust bunnies can wait.

2 comments: